Thursday 13 November 2014

Fishing in the harbour


On Monday I went out in the harbour to meet a boat Mechanic and I decided that I would have a quick fish before I met up with him at around 7 AM in the morning.

The morning was overcast and the water looked clear as it had not been raining for some days.

As I was meeting the mechanic off Noakes boat slipway I decided to see if any fish were biting.

At first I trolled around to see if any fish were on the sounder and found a patch of fish near a large barge that is moored up near Noakes slipway.

At first I used the downrigger and trolled a plastic lure to see if I could get any bites.

I was reasonably hopeful that I was going to hook up as the plastic lure was taking a number of bites however I did not manage to secure any hook ups.

I then went opposite the large barge and proceeded to drop the lead  gig plastic lure to the bottom and on the third drop I had a significant hook up from what appeared to be quite a substantially strong fish

As I was using a light rod which is one of the new micro jig rods I was able to control the fish within reason although I am sure that if there had been any moorings  or reef in the area I would of lost the fish

Finally after 10 minutes I saw that I had hooked up a kingfish of around 6 pound and this was the reason for the difficult fight. They certainly can pull out these kingfish.



So great morning was had and a much enjoyable fishing trip




0 comments:

Post a Comment